Terrain Mixer (Blender 3.5.0)
WORKS WITH BLENDER 3.5.0 + GEOMETRY NODES SUPPORT!
2.0.9 - Terrain Mixer
1.0.9 - Terrain Mixer GN (Geometry Nodes)
FEEL THE POWER
Looking for a SUPER-FAST solution for Blender to build your next terrain? Look no further. This is a perfect tool for Environment Artists, Game Artists, Matte Painters, Concept Artists, and Illustrators. 'Terrain Mixer' will give you the ultimate power and speed to create all sorts of terrains for your next project. You won't believe your eyes when you start moving material sliders left and right.
QUADSPINNER 'GAEA' AS AN INSPIRATION
We're huge fans of the 'Gaea' terrain generator. It is a professional tool used by hundreds of top artists around the globe. Since there isn't any Gaea-to-Blender bridge available, and tools like Quixel Mixer and Substance Painter (or Designer) only bring unnecessary headaches to the process, we decided to create a 'Cycles' material setup that would help us mix heightmaps and diffuse maps fast and easy. If you are serious about terrains you can get your copy of 'Gaea' HERE.
We'll be adding new 8K and 16K maps. You can also use your own maps.
AS EASY AS THIS LOGO ANIMATION SUGGESTS IT TO BE
NOW YOU CAN DO A LOT MORE INSIDE BLENDER
MAKE SUBTLE OR COMPLEX CHANGES EASILY
GO CRAZY WITH SIZE AND DETAILS
WORKS WITH ANY SUBD LEVEL
BAKE THE MAPS BY SIMPLY RENDERING THEM (F12)
PRESERVE DETAILS AFTER BAKING
PLAIN TERRAINS - PROCEDURAL GROUND
PLAIN TERRAINS - BLENDING
PLAIN TERRAINS - DISPLACEMENT (for closeups)
56 SKY TEXTURES
READ BEFORE YOU BUY
- NVIDIA is what we recommend at the moment. We are doing all of our terrain mixer tests with the 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti (CUDA enabled because OPTIX is 99.99% compatible), but we suggest you to use at least 2080 Ti.
- Please don't purchase if you don't want to work with Cycles nodes and Geometry Nodes.
- Please check the USER MANUAL and VIDEO TUTORIALS first.
- You will find very simple instructions inside the .zip folder. The image below shows some of the main functions of 'Terrain Mixer.
- Before you start here are some things that you should be aware of:
- Please watch the tutorials before you purchase this product.
- You have to be in Cycles while working with 'Terrain Mixer' while 'Terrain Mixer GN' supports Cycles and Eevee.
- The material setup won't work in Eevee but you can easily bake the heightmap and use it in Eevee by applying it to a subdivided plane.
- You will have to download all the .zip folders.
BUILD TERRAINS FAST USING PROPERTIES MENU
FINE CONTROL EVERYTHING WITH THE HELP OF CUSTOM NODE GROUPS
1. What is a 'Terrain Mixer'?
Terrain Mixer for Blender allows you to choose between 'Cycles' and 'Geometry Nodes' workflow to be able to generate realistic and abstract terrains with almost no effort. The workflow is SUPER-FAST!
2. So, it is not an addon. Why?
An addon would only complicate the usage (but we are working on it). You will be working with nodes just like you're used to.
3. Does it work with 'Eevee'?
Terrain Mixer GN (Geometry Nodes) supports Eevee and Cycles. In the original Terrain Mixer, when you're done with setting up your terrain (with Cycles nodes) you can easily bake the maps (Height and Diffuse) and use them in Eevee.
4. Can I combine it with particles (hair, stones, trees)?
After you define the shape of your terrain, bake the heightmap and apply it to a new 'Plane' object with the 'Displacement Modifier'. After that, you can play with particles.
6. How can I create my own heightmaps?
Actually, you can make new ones by baking the results of your mixing. If you want to invest in a more professional tool for generating terrains and heightmaps, try Quadspinner 'Gaea'. That's the tool we use.
7. How big is the default terrain?
2000x2000 meters. Try not to change its size while working with the material nodes. You can do anything you want after you bake the heightmap and apply it to a new plane.
8. How should I use the camera?
For the XYZ panning use the sliders or enter the exact value. Use the mouse for rotating and zooming.
9. Can I control what happens where?
Once you get used to it - yes. With the Image Mask node, you can get pretty accurate when adding lowlands. Also, you can rotate maps individually which gives you a lot of power.